THEY REFUSED TO PORT OUR MORTGAGE!! boooo!!
The reason is I have gone part time and we now have 2 children so now they consider the mortgage we currently have, that is easily paid every month, as not affordable! What The...........
When I eventually stopped crying and calling everyone I know to tell them what horrible thicko's my mortgage company are, I thought about it and, although we still won't be near to any family, the town we currently live in has a lot more kid friendly stuff than the town all our family live in. Which is a nice thought.
Plus my hubby just bought me a 100cc scooter, peep peep!!!! Got to do my CBT then I can scoot about as much as I like :-) after years of not having a car when hubby is at work and the car do we have being a diesel guzzling monster, it's gonna be great to nip out when I want to.
The day I got the bad news I needed a cheer up and nothing does that better than pizza and garlic bread.
Easy peasy recipe.........
Garlic Bread & Pizza Dough
300g self raising flour
100g grated mature cheddar
pinch of salt
4 tbsp s/skimmed milk
I always put gloves on for this as I hate getting gloop under my nails!!
- Preheat oven to 220 deg C/ Gas Mark 7
- Rub the flour, butter and salt together until it resembles breadcrumbs. (use fingers)
- Add the milk and cheese and mix (with spoon) until is forms a ball of dough.
- Break the dough into 2.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough to about 5mm thick.
- Place on a non-stick baking sheet.
For the Garlic Butter
1 tbsp garlic puree
1 tbsp italian seasoning (herbs)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Poke dimples into the dough you are using for the garlic bread
- Spread generously with your garlic butter - I like putting my gloves back on and giving the dough a good rub down with the garlic butter - I'm sure the dough quite likes it too :-)
When you have put the amount of toppings, and garlic butter, you want onto your doughs place them in the oven and bake for 15-20mins
Cut into portions....
Make sure you eat it straight from the oven and feel instantly better about the world.
The kids love the pizzas too!!!!!
xx Kat xx