Woo hoo says I!!
I took some advice and told my husband that cupcake making is my hobby (which it is ~ I cannot lie for toffee) but that is waring a bit thin so now I have the hobby, plus Cupcake challenge, plus special occasions to rely on every month.
The funny thing is my "hobby" is so annoying to my fella that he now wants to buy a new kitchen, to get it "bloody organised"! So now I'm getting a new play-pen to be bakey-mad in!! Happy, happy, happy :-)
Anyhoo....... this is not a cake for the kids.
Banana Daiquiri Cupcakes makes 6-7
80g caster sugar
80g self raising flour
1 large egg
1 mashed banana
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
6-7 1/2 tsps white rum
- Preheat the over to 180/gas mark 4 and put cases in the muffin tin.
- Mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix until fully incorperated.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Take the bowl off the mixer and fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Add the banana and fold until evenly distributed.
- Evenly fill the cases 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 mins.
- When cooked place on cooling rack and while still hot pour 1/2 tsp white rum on each cupcake.
- Leave to cool.
Lime Rum Frosting enough for 6-7 cupcakes
250g icing sugar
1tbsp + 2tsp lime juice
1tbsp + 2tsp white rum
green food colouring - I use Sugarflair Spectral Concentrated Paste Colour - Party Green
- Mix the Butter and Icing sugar until sandy in texture.
- Add the Rum and Lime and mix until smooth.
- Add the food colouring and mix on high, keep adding the colour until you get the colour you require.
I'm not as think as you drunk I am.... hic!
xx Kat xx