Apparently they were very popular and even the Nursery Leader, Helen (Hi Helen *waves*), wants the recipe.
There's no fancy-schmancy ingredients in these treats but, I promise you, they are AMAZE-BALLS!! Literally!
To be honest I was seriously worried half way through making these, never made them before, as the sponge mix was not great! But I chocolated it up with a bit of this and a splodge of that and HEY PRESTO!! Yummy sponge mix! I AM GOOOOOOD!
For those of you who want to see bright. happy smiles on your kiddies faces (and the adults, let's be honest) you must, must, must make these.
Ingredients ~ makes 36
1 packet victoria sponge mix (I used Tesco own brand, only gonna smash it to pieces anyways)
150g chocolate butter cream frosting
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp chocolate spread
300g white chocolate
Candy coated chocolate to decorate
- Make sponge and bake as per packet instructions
- When sponge is cooled chopped in processor until fine and breadcrumby
- Add the frosting, cocoa powder and choc spread and mix fully with you hands (kids love this bit)
- Melt white chocolate until smooth and remove from the heat, leaving it to cool
- Use teaspoon measure to get even blobs of mix and roll into balls
- Refrigerate balls for 10 mins
- Dip balls in white choc and spoon the chocolate over
- Remove with forks and place on baking parchment
- Pop Candy on top
- Refrigerate over night
Cake truffles are best eaten straight from the fridge, especially in hot weather!!
ENJOY!! I know you will :-)
xx Kat xx