January, for me, means cuteness.
We've had the massive excess of December and in January we are looking for something a little lighter and smaller. Or, at least, we're supposed to be ;-)
Now my eldest has started pre-school, I have time on a Tuesday to do things I'd like to do.
As you know my husband bought me a ridiculous amount of cake decorating goodies for Christmas, so every night this month I have been playing with them. My faves are the tiny blossoms I made with the smallest Blossom Plunger Cutter and 1 Hundreds and Thousands ball in the centre. Very time consuming but very relaxing.
Jar 'o' mini-blossoms.......DONE!
Also I still had a pot of green frosting from my Mini Christmas Trees so I got thinking.....what to do, what to do?
Cute mini cupcakes with cute mini flowers!! Yes please!
I bought myself a mini-muffin tin in the sales and have been gagging to use it ever since. But I don't have any mini-muffin cups, so I have to improvise!! What do you think??
It took me bloomin' ages to get these things lined!! But aren't they cute!!??!!??
Here's what I did........
150g s/r flour
150g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup semi skimmed milk
- Preheat oven to 170 / Gas Mark 4
- Add baking powder to flour and set aside.
- Beat butter with hand mixer for about 4 minutes until very pale.
- Add sugar and beat together for 3 minutes until nice and whipped.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat each one until fully incorporated.
- Add half the dry ingredients and FOLD gently until completely mixed in.
- Add 1/4 cup milk, FOLD again.
- Add the other half of the dry ingredients and FOLD again.
- Add the last of the milk and FOLD until smooth.
- Spoon into lined mini muffin tin to about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
I used the smallest circular piping nozzle I have to make the grass and popped on my Mini Blossoms.
Kids and pregnant best friend ~ Hi Heidi *waves* ~ loved these.
One little mouthful with no guilt, I promise :-)
xx Kat xx