My hubby loves Banana Loaf...I find it boring to make as I've made it a thousand times!!
I always make it when I'm on the verge of throwing browning bananas out, this time is no exception.
Here's how it goes....
I MAKE IT
THE BOYS WANT IT
THE HUBBY EATS IT.
All in one day!
I feel I need to tell you that my hubby is a farmer working long hard days, so I let him off the greediness most of the time.
I also hate sultanas in baked goods but he likes it so I do this for him...
The ingredients seem a bit choppy but this is all I had available (I usually use all wholemeal flour)
Ingredients ~ makes 1 loaf
90g wholemeal flour
20g self raising flour
1 large, overripe banana (mashed)
100g sultanas (don't add these if you don't want them)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp maple
- Preheat over to 180/GM4/160 fan.
- Grease and line your loaf tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat in until full incorporated.
- Add the syrup and mix well.
- Take just over a pinch of flour and toss the sultanas in it (this stops them sinking)
- Fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Fold in the mashed banana.
- Fold in the sultanas.
- Fill your tin 3/4 full and bake for 40 - 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
A beautiful Banana Maple loaf (with added sultana's for the hubby).
xx Kat xx
I'm linking this recipe up to my Sweet Leftovers Link Party...go check it out!