I have been lazy.
In the garden.
In the sun.
No "British" weather complaints coming out of my mouth I can tell you.
Whilst I was enjoying what was left of my maternity leave, I got a very exciting email from the chaps at Lindt asking if I'd like to try some of their new chocolates and host a giveaway for my lovely readers.
"YES" I say.
Gimme, gimme, gimme
Mmmmmmmm...Lindt (she says with a mouthful)
I had my choice of goodies so I picked the 70% cooking chocolate and the Strawberry Intense.
When it's hot outside there's nothing better than a light, sweet dessert to finish a meal.
So I make a stonking great Chocolate and Strawberry Layer Cake!
YOU ARE WELCOME!!
Here's how you can make you beloved's cry with joy...
200g self raising flour
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp baking powder
Dash of strong (cooled) coffee... I used about 15 ml
- Preheat oven to 170/150 fan/GM4 and grease and line 3x 18cm cake tins.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time making sure each is fully mixed before adding the next.
- Add the golden syrup.
- Fold in half the dry mixture.
- Fold in the rest of the dry mix.
- Add the coffee.
250g unsalted butter
460g icing sugar
3 tbsp strawberry jam (no bits)
- Cream the butter.
- Add the icing sugar a few spoons at a time.
- Add the jam and mix well.
- Mix in the milk until you get an easy, smooth cake covering consistency.
100g Lindt 70% cooking chocolate
100ml double cream.
- Place cream and choc on a double boiler until melted and smooth.
- Leave to cool for a bit then pour over your chilled cake...letting it drip down the sides.
If you'd like to win a bar of cooking chocolate and two packs of Strawberry Intense then all you need to do is leave a comment to say what you'd do with them. One comment will be randomly selected next Saturday and the winner will get these...
This is my first giveaway and I'm really excited about it! I can't wait to see all the wonderful things you'll do with this amazing chocolate!
Until next week...
xx Kat xx