Thick duvets on...check!
Autumnal spices and other seasonal goods drooled over...double-check!
Summer this year was great...we played in the garden, walked the dogs, picked berries, went to adventure parks and played played played. It was brilliant and as such this years Summer deserves it's very own cupcake creation.
And what better way to show your appreciation for long hot days in the garden with the family than Ice-cream cupcakes?
I've made these cupcakes for two reasons...
- To celebrate the fab British summer we had this year!
- My eldest baby is now officially at school and I don't know if I'm quite ready to let go of his toddler years...hence the cute cupcakes.
Here's how you make these beautiful little cakes for your favourite people...they deserve it :-) xx
- Take your favourite vanilla sponge and butter-cream recipe
- Fill your cones to the line below the stars (see above pic)
- Place the cones into a mini cupcake tin to steady them whilst baking.
- Bake at 180/160 fan/GM4 for 20-25 minutes.
- When baked leave to cool on a rack, so the base doesn't go soggy.
- When cooled swirl your vanilla frosting onto the cupcake and decorate as you wish.
This recipe makes 12 cones.
I have linked this recipe up to the Calendar Cakes Challenge for September hosted by Laura Loves Cakes which this month is CUPCAKES.
Head on over the check it out!
xx Kat xx